Bash on the Bluffs — a bike-filled evening celebrating membership, volunteers, and sponsors — was a huge success. This event took place Saturday February 21, 2015 from 6-10 pm at the Seymour Marine Discovery Center in Santa Cruz.
The evening began with drinks and appetizers from prominent local businesses while guests enjoyed presentations from local bike industry leaders and learned why membership is so important to the preservation of community mountain biking in Santa Cruz as well as learn how membership, sponsorship, and volunteers have contributed to some outstanding trail work and bike projects.
A silent auction from top bike industry companies included items such as:
- Santa Cruz Jackal frame donated by Family Cycling Center
- 2015 FOX 36 Fork
- FOX D.O.S.S. seat post
- Ride with Juliana Bicycle’s Juliana Furtado
- Sailing lessons from Pacific Yachting & Sailing
- Women’s private skills lesson and Bell Helmet
- Doug Ross Santa Cruz Sanctuary Screen Print
- Bike shuttle package from Shuttle Smith Adventures
Complimentary bike valet was provided by People Power of Santa Cruz.
Bike themed prizes were raffled off to members and new members that signed up during the party.
Read the full recap here.