Current Employment Opportunities with MBoSC
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBoSC) is seeking a part-time Marketing and Communications Specialist. The specialist will be responsible for creating and managing content across MBoSC’s website and social media accounts, including the coordination of content between project committees and partners. The ideal person for this role will effectively balance collaborative and independent work styles, have an energetic and can-do attitude, and be a passionate spokesperson for our mission to promote and expand legitimate mountain bike access in Santa Cruz County.
- Consistently create and distribute content via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, etc.)
- Develop and implement marketing plans and schedules for MBoSC events and campaigns
- Generate and coordinate content for MBoSC events with the goal of increasing registration and attendance.
- Work with media outlets to promote and expand enthusiasm for mountain biking in Santa Cruz County.
- Coordinate the efforts of staff, volunteers and partners via social media to cross-promote events and initiatives.
- Manage social media obligations to partners and corporate partners
- Develop social media guidelines for staff
- Implement a social advertising strategy and measure results to determine best practices
- Assist with managing website content and coordinating content submissions
- Manage photographers and photo database
- Opportunity to pitch and take on special digital media projects
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience managing social media in a professional setting
- Experience working with a team and coordinating between several departments
- Experience with photography, video and creative suite programs
- Familiarity with media management tools and social listening tools
- Familiarity with bicycle industry media and a passion for mountain biking
- Experience with content management systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a communications-related field of study preferred.
Performance Metrics and Evaluation:
- A measurable increase in followers, engagement and social circulation rates
- Effective implementation of new strategies, including social advertising returns
- Appropriate cadence of material that coordinates with partners and sponsors
- Overall performance and contributions to the organization
Salary: Based on experience
Time Commitment: This position starts at 10-15 hours a week.
Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.