Be part of the effort to build the best singletrack in Santa Cruz County by donating today! We need to raise $100,000 to build a four mile flow trail in Soquel Demo Forest and our friends at Ibis Cycles have launched the fundraising effort by donating the much anticipated Ripley 29 or the award winning Mojo HD – YOUR CHOICE.
With the Ripley, Ibis wanted to bring the advantages of a 29” wheel to a lightweight, nimble and fun trailbike. They gave it 120mm of travel front and rear, which hits the sweet spot for a snappy bike that isn’t cumbersome or heavy. It’s approved for 140mm forks too, if you want to veer away from XC and head over to trailbike country. As with most Ibises, it’s a super versatile bike. The most unique feature of the Ripley might be its dual eccentric linkages, which are the brainchild of Mr. dw-link himself, Dave Weagle. Ibis had Dave give the Ripley pedaling efficiency, XC-like acceleration and it was optimized for 29er specific gearing. The Ripley also features the usual dw-attributes such as excellent small bump compliance, predictable travel through the range with no wallowing or harsh bottom out.
It’s the most anticipated Ibis ever, and they have generously agreed to donate one to our cause.
If you like 26″ wheels, Ibis has you covered there too. The winner of the drawing can also choose a Mojo HD, a trail bike known the world over for its incredible capabilities. The “HD” has 160mm of rear wheel travel and has won more accolades from the press than any bike Ibis has done to date.
Donations of $5 each qualifies for a ticket in the drawing. Donate $40 and earn a membership to MBoSC too. The more you donate, the sooner the trail gets built. 100% of the money raised goes to building the flow trail.
Donations will also be available for $5 at Trailhead Cyclery and Another Bike Shop. In addition, you will have the opportunity to purchase tickets at the Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival on April 13-14 and at the Ibis Cycles booth #412 at the Sea Otter Classic April 18-21. Sign up now to support mountain biking in Santa Cruz and get in the running to win this awesome bike!
- Online donations made until 11:59 pm April 30, 2013 will receive entries in the Own The Flow drawing.
- Snail mail donations received at P.O. Box 331, Santa Cruz, CA 95061 until April 29, 2013 will receive entries in the Own The Flow drawing.
- Tickets will be on sale at Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival April 13 & 14 and at the Ibis booth #412 at the Sea Otter Classic April 18-21, 2013.
- The Own The Flow drawing will be held on May 1, 2013 and results will be posted on the MBoSC homepage, on Facebook, and on the MBoSC Google Group.
- You do not have to be present to win. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- Should the contact information prove incomplete, illegible, discontinued, or the winner fails to contact MBoSC to claim the drawing prize within 7 days, or if he or she is deemed ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries.
- Winners assumes all risks and will be responsible for all costs associated with claiming and transporting the drawing prize.
- Delivery date of the drawing prize dependent on model, size & color availability. Estimated availability of 12-16 weeks from drawing date.
MBoSC, we are your boots on the ground, your shovels in the dirt, building you more mountain biking trails. Your contribution will make this amazing trail a reality. Please join us now!