Mountain Bikers Of Santa Cruz (MBOSC) is proud to announce the Second Annual Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival taking place April 9th and 10th, 2011 in downtown Aptos, California.. The Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival (SCMBF) is this year’s premier mountain biking event for Santa Cruz County.
The mission of the SCMBF is to celebrate mountain biking in Santa Cruz County by bringing people together to participate and spectate in competitive and recreational mountain bike events, and a festival to bring the community together to advocate an active outdoor lifestyle and promote the world class mountain biking facilities and riders in Santa Cruz County.
For the second year, locals and visiting mountain bike enthusiast will be participating in fun and competitive events when SCMBF festival comes to town.
Featuring an impressive array of cycling inspired events and resources, the festival will impassion our local community, bringing world renowned professional riders and vendors together for one memorable weekend :
• Fox Racing Shox 831 Jump Contest: A dirt jumping competition that will feature world class professional riders as well as an amateur class.
• Short Track Race : This short track race will feature an Open Mens/Womens and Pro Mens/Womens class.
• Pump Track Pandemonium : pumptrack race for amateurs and professionals
• Epic XC Challenge : This is a challenging endurance ride that will feature a professional cross-country rider.
• Bike Skills Clinics with Local Pro Riders
• Pump Track Skills
• Dirt Jump Skills
• Bike handling
• Demo Bikes available from various manufacturers
• Vendor Tents
• Shuttle Rides to Soquel Demonstration Forest
• Food, Beer Garden, Live Music
• Fund Raising Events including Raffle & Silent Auction
Proceeds from this event will be used to create a new permanent bike park in Aptos, California.
For more information about event, volunteering, and sponsorship please contact Megan Zemny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC) is an IRC 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization which is dedicated to the promotion of mountain biking in a healthy and environmentally sound manner. MBOSC is an affiliate club of International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA).